Our team of solicitors have considerable experience in franchising law, in particular franchising litigation and dispute resolution. Franchising is a big market in the UK. With the number of franchised owned businesses on the rise, this makes it likely that at some point during the franchisor/franchisee relationship there may be a dispute between the parties. These disputes may include inflexibility of terms, lack of independence, failing to reach key targets, or impacting the brand/reputation of the franchise.
We provide a complete service for franchisees and can advise on all areas of your franchise. Our team of specialist franchisee solicitors have a vast range of experience in a variety of commercial law, enabling us to provide you with a complete and efficient legal service, whatever field your franchise is in. We will provide you with practical and commercial advice in order to help you reach a resolution, whilst offering you support from our forensic and accountancy experts.
We aim to provide the most cost effective route available for our clients. This may include Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation, negotiation or arbitration. Where court proceedings are necessary, our team have vast experience representing clients in this capacity and we can provide you with specialist barristers in this field, with whom we’ve had longstanding relationships with.
We can assist your franchise business with the following:-
- Drafting and reviewing Franchise Agreements;
- Advising prospective franchisees on the terms of the Franchise Agreement;
- Advising on when the Franchise Agreement has been breached and the options available to you;
- Advising on and preparing claims of negligent/fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Preparing injunctions;
- Exiting Franchise Agreements prior to the expiry of the term;
- Resolving complex franchise disputes;
- Providing insolvency advice in circumstances where the franchisor/franchisee can no longer viably trade.
Our experienced solicitors have extensive experience in dealing with franchisor/franchisee disputes and will provide you with practical and commercial advice in order to help you reach a resolution.
Energie Direct Franchising Ltd v Star Gym Ltd
If you have been involved in a franchise dispute, or would like to speak to one of expert franchisee solicitors for advice, contact us so that we can help you to find a solution.