As a partner in the Commercial Litigation department, Waleed advises on commercial and private disputes. He has acted for international companies, professionals, high net-worth individuals and business owners in proceedings in the County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
Waleed has experience of partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, franchise litigation, professional negligence, fraudulent/negligent misrepresentation, civil fraud, and mis-selling claims.
Prior to joining Eldwick Law, Waleed was part of the Litigation Department at a boutique City of London law firm. Waleed has Higher Rights of Audience (Civil) and has carried out advocacy in the County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
Examples of Waleed’s recent work are listed below:
- London Infrastructure Limited v Afzal Amin  EWHC 2192 (Ch): acted for the Claimants in obtaining an interim injunction and summary judgement for, inter alia, delivery up of valuable mineral samples of a Kazakh mining company.
- Gate Ventures Plc  EWHC 709 (Ch): acting for shareholders in obtaining an administration order against a company that had raised over £24.5 million from 3,000 mainly Chinese shareholders. The case attracted significant media attention as the company had provided a loan of £500,000 to the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson. There is now an order for an administrator to be appointed to investigate claims against the company.
- Quaradeghini v Mischon De Reya (A Firm)  EWHC 3523 (Ch): acting for the appellant in an instant appeal against a strike out of the claim for “warehousing” along the Grovit v Doctor line of authorities.
- Energie Direct Franchising Limited v Star Gym  EWHC 2700 (Ch): acted for the defendant in a speedy trial, after defending injunction for inter alia specific performance.
- National Crime Agency v Niche Cars  EWHC 3475 (Admin): acting for the applicant company in an application to vary a property freezing order.
- Al-Rawas v Hassan Khan & Co  EWCA Civ 42
- Thamer Al-Shanfari v Hassan Khan & Co  1 W.L.R. 2301: conjoined appeals before the Court of Appeal to determine whether the Limitation Act 1980 s.35(3) allowed a counterclaim to be brought where a fresh action required to advance that claim would have been out of time.
- Hussain v General Pharmaceutical Council  EWHC 656 (Admin): acted for the appellant in challenging an interim suspension order pending fitness to practice proceedings before the GPhC
- R. (on the application of Best) v Chief Land Registrar  EWCA Civ 17: leading case on squatters’ rights under then newly enacted legislation (Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 s.144). Worked as part of a team that went on to deal with numerous adverse possession applications and tribunal proceedings.
- Acted for a Kazakh state company in a UNICTRAL arbitration with a London-based investment bank
- Advised a Kazakh state company on an arbitration involving a breach of contract
- Advised a multi-national construction company on arbitration claims against a multi-national oil corporation
- Acting for a group of franchisees in various claims (several of which are currently issued in the High Court) against a national franchisor for fraudulent and negligent misrepresentation
- Acted for an Egyptian oil company in various applications before the General Court in Luxembourg to de-list from the EU sanctions list
- Advised an international businessman listed on the OFAC sanctions list