If you have been designated on a prescribed sanctions list or require legal advice regarding trading in a country subject to UK, EU, US, or UN sanctions, our specialist London-based solicitors and lawyers can provide expert, commercially astute legal advice and representation.
We have a team of highly-qualified, multi-lingual corporate crime and commercial solicitors and counsel. Our lawyers have connections in multiple jurisdictions, including the UK, USA, Russia, Kazakhstan, Iran, Turkey, and South Africa. We have successfully advised clients on:
- Challenging sanctions.
- Getting removed from designated lists.
- Lifting injunctions and freezing orders against assets and bank accounts.
- Penalties for breaching sanctions when trading with affected countries.
- Conducting risk assessments concerning the possible impact international sanctions may have on your business.
- Obtaining an OFSI licence to obtain an exception for continuing business dealings with a sanctions target.
What differentiates us from other law firms is our focus on niche practice areas, international legal knowledge, and the sheer intelligence and commitment of our team. Eldwick Law is one of the few firms in the UK that have the expertise and contacts required to successfully challenge sanctions designations.
Below are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding sanctions.
Can I be removed from a sanctions list?
Our team has a robust track record of advising and representing designated people who have been added to a sanctions list and have discovered that their bank accounts and assets have been frozen. The method of challenging being named a designated person depends on the source of the sanction list, namely the UN Security Council, the Council of the European Union, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Department of the Treasury, or the UK government.
In conjunction with our network of trusted partner law firms around the world, our business crime solicitors will work tenaciously and quickly to remove your name from a sanctions list and lift any freezing orders made against you and/or your business interests.
What happens if my assets are frozen?
If you discover your assets have been frozen neither you nor anyone else will be permitted to:
- Use, access, sell, or dispose of the frozen property and/or assets.
- Provide money or economic resources, directly or indirectly, to you and/or the entity/s affected by the sanctions.
- Participate in endeavours that sidestep the sanctions to make funds available and/or use, access, sell, or dispose of the frozen property and/or assets.
Financial sanctions are extremely serious and in most cases, the affected person or entity only discovers sanctions have been applied when they find they can no longer access their bank accounts or deal with their business interests. If this happens to you you must get in touch with us immediately so we can quickly establish what sanctions have been employed and swiftly apply to the relevant court or government body to have the sanctions mitigated or lifted.
Why choose us?
Eldwick Law comprises a team of expert corporate crime and commercial solicitors who are utterly committed to achieving results. From the moment you instruct us you can be confident that we have the connections and legal and commercial knowledge required to resolve your matter with minimal disruption to your private life.
We invest heavily in technology and recruiting the most talented, dynamic solicitors and advocates. Whether you are a startup or a multi-national corporation, we can provide the pragmatic, specialist knowledge you need to achieve your objectives.