Rupinder specialises in Human Rights, Immigration and Public Law. In addition, she has expertise in Family Law due to the significant overlap with her Immigration work. She has represented clients in cases before the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, Administrative Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and the European Court of Justice. The Family Law work Rupinder undertakes includes Divorce, Child Abduction, Children Act and Financial Proceedings. She has represented clients successfully in the Family Court and High Court.
Rupinder provides invaluable and strategic advice on a broad range of matters and is able to analyse and assimilate information quickly and accurately. She has an inherent ability to identify the key issues underlying any legal matter and will either strengthen or defend the legal basis of a case from the outset. Her tenacious and persuasive style regularly leads to a successful outcome for her clients. She has a strong rapport with clients and provides clear and concise advice on complex areas of law. Rupinder is helpful and professional at all times and has a reputation for pursuing a client’s case in a proportionate and compassionate manner.
- Advising clients on Point Based System applications ranging from Tier 1 to Tier 5;
- Successfully represented a client in the European Court of Justice on the legal analysis of Strasbourg jurisprudence and free movement;
- Representing a client in the Supreme Court who sought leave to remain in the UK, having formed a relationship with a British citizen whilst present in the UK unlawfully;
- Challenging the UK’s rules on the rights of non-EU nationals who are, or have been, family members of EU nationals residing in the UK;
- Advising clients on the government’s new innovator visa scheme for high net worth individuals;
- Representing clients in a Court of Appeal matter challenging an error of fact made by the Home Office and Tribunal to demonstrate it would have made a material difference to the Tribunal;
- Acting for clients with positive decisions in respect of settlement applications, adult dependant, spouse visas and visit visas;
- Extensive experience of representing clients with complex Human Rights matters;
- Advising clients with complex statutory appeals whose sponsor licences are revoked by the Home Office;
- Representing clients in judicial reviews of increasing complexity;
- Successfully represented a client who was deported and overturned the decision to allow his return to the UK.
- Representing victims of domestic violence in non-molestation and occupation order proceedings including the accused for return date hearings;
- Acting for parents involved in child abduction matters including Hague Convention applications, whether acting to seek return of the child or oppose return and can advise in relation to tactical actions needed to prevent a potential removal in circumstances where there are concerns that this might be a real risk;
- Expertise in representing clients involved in highly acrimonious and long-running intractable contact and residence disputes especially cases involving allegations of parental alienation and where expert psychiatric assessment has been required to assist the court;
- Representing clients in cases involving relocation, both external and internal as well as international leave to remove cases;
- Preparation of complex pre- and post-nuptial agreements;
- Advising high net worth individuals in complex financial proceedings including issues of non-disclosure or where careful analysis of family businesses and trust interests is required.
Outside of work, Rupinder enjoys travelling, cooking, and exercising.
Professional Societies / Memberships:
- The Law Society
- Society of Asian Lawyers
- Level 2 IAAS Supervisor