Mohammed is a Partner in the criminal defence department, specialising in serious crime and complex fraud defence. He has over 25 years of experience and has acted in some of the largest, most complex criminal prosecutions.
Mohammed has defended individuals and companies in prosecutions brought by the Serious Fraud Office, National Crime Agency, Competitions & Market Authority, Crown Prosecution Service, Serious Organised Crime Agency, HM Revenue & Customs, Department of Work & Pensions, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Royal Mail and various other prosecuting authorities.
- R v DB – Successfully defended a former British heavyweight boxer in a gangland murder trial (https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/crime/former-boxing-professional-denzil-brown-found-not-guilty-murdering-christopher-lewis-leeds-gangland-shooting-1345799)
- R v P – Achieved the only acquittal in a gangland murder trial (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-36471109)
- R v KH – Achieved an acquittal in a murder trial following a mass brawl in a Pub car park
- R v SQ – Achieved the only acquittal in a multi-handed murder case, which involved complex issues around torture
- R v DT – Acted in a large scale, multi million pound drugs conspiracy across the North of England
- R v ZI – Acted for a Defendant in a multi-handed, high value drugs conspiracy across the North East and Yorkshire
- R v SH – Acted in a complex, multi-handed cash in transit armed robbery conspiracy across the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands
- R v DM – Defended a high value drugs conspiracy across Greater Manchester and Yorkshire, and the case involved complex issues of cell site analysis and the use of “ghost phones” (https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-accused-leading-multi-million-14514833)
- R v FH – Acted for the defendant in the UK’s largest cyber fraud (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/sep/21/feezan-hameed-fraud-gang-jailed-11-years-southwark-crown-court)
- R v AF – Successfully defended a case involving a large scale drugs conspiracy and money laundering operation in which Mr Khans client was charged with numerous counts.
- R v AI – Represented a professional accountant on a large scale fraud and money laundering operation. Following trial, Mr Khans client was acquitted.
- R v AH – Successfully defended a £175 million mortgage fraud against a Broker. In this case Mr Khans client was charged with numerous counts of fraud. Following trial, Mr Khans client was convicted of some counts and acquitted on others. Mr Khans client received a none custodial sentence.
- R v HO – Represented a client who was charged with a large scale fraud matter which was investigated by the Counter Terrorism Unit (https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/al-qaeda-conman-who-scammed-people-4583255)
- R v AK – Represented a Dentistry Student who was charged under the Terrorism Legislation.
- R v DA – Represented a client who was charged with a large scale counterfeit tobacco operation. This case was being prosecuted by HMRC. This case attracted national publicity. Following trial, Mr Khans client was acquitted.
Professional Societies and Memberships:
- Very High Cost Cases Panel
- Serious Fraud Panel
- The Law Society
- Criminal Law Solicitors Association