Amjid is a duty solicitor and an accredited police station representative, and works with Mohammed Sarwar Khan in the criminal defence department. Amjid qualified with a leading criminal defence practice in London and went on to join Eldwick Law in 2017.
Amjid has extensive criminal litigation experience regularly acting for individuals in high profile cases, including murder, manslaughter, serious fraud, large scale drugs conspiracies, drug importations, firearms offences and serious sexual offences. Amjid has represented clients being prosecuted by the Serious & Organised Crime Agency, the National Crime Agency, HMRC, the DWP, Trident, and the Trading Standards Agency.
- R v W – complex drugs importation at the Crown Court at Wood Green. Amjid’s client was acquitted of all charges.
- R v A – represented a vulnerable woman at the police station accused of murder. Acted for her in a two-week trial at the Old Bailey (Central Criminal Court) where she was acquitted.
- R v B – acted in a multi-defendant trial prosecuted by the Organised & Financial Crime Unit of the Metropolitan Police Service involving ‘skimming’ devices.
- R v A – acted for a youth accused of murder as part of a drugs feud. Amjid challenged the evidence against his client, including the procedure used by officers when carrying out ID procedures. The case was dropped without charge.
- R v Y – acted for two defendants in a prosecution by the National Crime Agency for international fraud, money laundering and corruption of over £20 million.
- R v H – acted for an individual accused of laundering in excess of £40 million.
- R v D – acted for an individual accused of fraud by abuse of position involving a large family estate, valued at over £800,000. D was alleged to have transferred large sums of money into various accounts.
- R v K – acted in a complex financial fraud, which involved the setting up of ‘ghost accounts’ to defraud over £2 million.
- R v A – Amjid’s client was alleged to have conspired with others to supply firearms; this was a lengthy protracted investigation. Following Amjid’s representations at the police station no further action was taken against our client. Five defendants were charged.
- R v M – Amjid’s client was alleged to have conspired with others to blackmail his business partner, M and the alleged victim had ventured into a property development business involving multiple properties. The prosecution alleged M held the complainant liable for the failings of the business. They alleged M along with his family members blackmailed the complainant into handing over large amounts of money. Following a trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court, M was acquitted.
- R v G – Amjid represented A who was accused of benefit fraud, the indictment period spanned over 10 years.
- R v D – Large scale fraud case investigated by the Royal Mail; D was the director of a business alleged to have misrepresented postage costs. It was alleged the business misrepresented Royal Mail in excess of £300k
- R v A – Amjid was instructed to defend A accused of a large-scale conspiracy to defraud involving multiple defendants.
Outside of work, Amjid enjoys spending time with his family, and playing sports, including wrestling and football.
Professional Societies and Memberships
- Criminal Law Solicitors Association
- The Law Society – Junior Lawyers Division